I’ve been making my own training programs for several years now. I like to try different things, always try to shock the body and never allow my muscles to get used to it. I will change anything from the intensity, rep range, amount of sets and timed breaks. I also like to freestyle, it happens often that I put together a workout as I am training.
This week I had one of the best leg workouts in a while, I literally made it up on the spot. If you are looking for a brutal and effective leg workout try this one out. If you are brave enough, add 20 minutes of stair master at a high level right after the workout, you shouldn’t be able to walk after J
Quads: (30-45 second breaks)
- Leg Extensions: 5 x 25, 20, 15, 15, 15 (using the same weight)
- Leg Press: 6 x 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 + drop set for 12 reps
- Barbell Squats: 4 x 8 (pause reps, hold for 2 seconds)
- Walking Lunges: 3 x 12
Hamstrings: (30-45 second breaks)
- Seated Leg Curls: 5 x 25, 20, 15, 15, 15 (using the same weight)
- Lying Leg Curls: 6 x 12, 10, 8, 8, 6, 6
- Standing Leg Curls: 4 x 8 (no breaks)
- Stiff Leg Dumbbell Dead Lifts: 3 x 10
Comments are closed.